Timothy On The Issues
Border Security and Immigration
“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.” – President Ronald Reagan
The Arizona Legislature has long been a national leader in the fight to end illegal immigration and secure our borders. However, we must keep the pressure on our Congressional Delegation to stop treating our sovereignty and public safety like a campaign gimmick and to solve this problem once and for all.
As an Arizonan and American, I will continue to support and give voice to the following:
1. A southern border wall to protect our sovereignty, communities and citizens.
2. A fully-funded U.S. Border Patrol to keep our officers and those they protect safe.
3. The full deployment of E-Verify as mandated by Federal Law.
4. An expansion of U.S. Visa programs focused on the talent Arizona needs to grow.
5. A definitive solution and end to the DACA “drama” that serves no one well.
Listen to Timothy Jeffries' radio message regarding Border Security!
“Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to make something very clear: Blue Lives Matter in America.” -Sheriff David Clarke
A fundamental responsibility of government at all levels is the protection of our citizens, including those in great need and those who are defenseless. As someone whose family has been touched by evil I hold an immense amount of respect and gratitude for those in law enforcement and those who put themselves in danger to keep us safe.
Representative Ugenti was the lone Republican vote against the “Blue Lives Matter” legislation that sought to protect our brave men and women in law enforcement from violent acts. Her NO vote was a deep affront to those who seek to protect us 24x7. I will always fight to have the back of the brave men and women in public safety that protect us daily.
As a true friend of public safety and crime victims in the Arizona Senate, I will seek to partner with my legislative colleagues to accomplish the following:
1. Oppose any legislation that does not prudently protect those who protect us.
2. Ensure the Arizona Department of Homeland Security is fully funded each year.
3. Ensure the Arizona Department of Public Safety is fully funded each year.
4. Ensure the Arizona Department of Corrections is fully funded each year.
5. Partner with crime victim groups to marshal statewide support for legislation that will make the wretched crimes of pedophilia and rape punishable by life sentences, the very duration of the egregious sentence that heinous criminals exact on their innocent victims.
Listen to Timothy Jeffries on Public Safety!
Life and Family
“One of the most important responsibilities in the Christian life is to care about others, smile at them, and be a friend to the friendless.” – Dr. James Dobson
Thousands of my former colleagues at the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) can attest to the fact that I have an enormous love for people, especially the poor and the sick. I visited every DES location in Arizona, hosted 500+ townhall meetings for my DES folks and personally answered over 12,000 emails from social workers. One of my daily calls to action at DES was “People First, People Always.” We transformed DES with true love, including the accountability that should accompany it.
I am unabashedly pro-life from conception to natural death. I will bring my love for all people and my compassion for those in need with me to the Arizona Senate. In line with our State Motto: DITAT DEUS (“God Enriches”), I will endeavor to be a force for good, including good cheer, if deemed worthy to serve.
As a Roman Catholic, humble Christian, 30+ year husband, father to two daughters, grandfather to two grandchildren, proud Arizonan and patriotic American, I will seek to partner with my legislative colleagues in Arizona to accomplish the following:
1. Ensure the Arizona DES Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) charged with supporting and caring for our approx. 34,000 special developmentally disabled Arizonans is fully funded.
2. Craft and pass a “Heartbeat Bill” outlawing abortion for every fetus with a heartbeat unless a mother’s life is in danger.
3. Outlaw selective abortions for disability conditions (e.g. Downs Syndrome and Cystic Fibrosis) unless a mother’s life is in danger.
4. Battle any efforts to legalize the killing of our senior citizens and gravely infirmed via euthanasia.
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” – Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
It is not enough to pay our teachers and coaches well to teach and develop our children. We must pay them well enough to attract the very best Arizonans to teach and develop our children. The future of Arizona is a function of how well we teach and develop our children to think intensively and critically. It is also a function of the values-based education our teachers and coaches provide and the good character they inspire.
I support the extension of Prop. 301 recently passed by the Republican Majority in both houses and signed by Governor Ducey. I support the continuance of the $600+ million annual investment in our schools, and the significant progress we must make to improve education in Arizona. Amazingly, Representative Ugenti voted NO on extending the .6 percent sales tax for education in Prop. 301. If her NO vote prevailed, schools throughout Arizona would have suffered massive cuts in classroom funding, including teacher pay.
As an education-focused legislator in the Arizona Senate, I will seek to partner with my legislative colleagues to accomplish the following:
1. Move more money to Arizona public school classrooms and playfields by reducing state agency employee headcount by 10% by 2020. (Note, the state employee reduction would prudently exclude the Departments of Public and Corrections.)
2. Move more money to Arizona public school classrooms and playfields by reducing the number of Arizona school districts via unification by at least 50% no later than 2020.
3. Move more money to Arizona vocational and technical training programs by eliminating every state (IT) information technology systems on a mainframe system and operational for more than 30 years by 2020.
4. Continue to support education reform & transparency, streamlined administration, and school choice. Arizona taxpayers pay for our schools, so our taxpaying parents should have maximum flexibility when choosing the best education option for their children.
“Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” – President Ronald Reagan
Small Business encouragement, creation and facilitation are paramount to the American economy and the pursuit of the American Dream. Small Business creates 7 out of every 10 jobs in America. In other words, good jobs are typically created one at a time -- not hundreds at a time. Arizona small businesses are the lifeblood to our state, economy and communities.
As a small business protector in the Arizona Senate, I will seek to partner with my legislative colleagues to accomplish the following:
1. Eliminate state regulations that are out-of-date, do more harm than good, and provide ridiculous impediments to economic growth and pursuit of the American Dream.
2. Reduce the number of state regulatory boards and commissions by 20% by 2020.
3. Support the creation of a blue ribbon task force that would invest 6 to 8 months maximum to make recommendations to the Governor and Legislature that would dramatically streamline state government’s involvement and impediments to the small business, the economy and creation of new jobs in Arizona.