Timothy On The Issues
Border Security and Immigration
“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.” – President Ronald Reagan
The Arizona Legislature has long been a national leader in the fight to end illegal immigration and secure our borders. However, we must keep the pressure on our Congress to stop treating our sovereignty and public safety like a campaign gimmick. We need to fix our porous border and broken immigration system once and for all. The current status benefits no one except politicians.
As an Arizonan and American, I will continue to support and give strong voice to the following:
1. A southern border wall to protect our sovereignty, communities and citizens.
2. A fully-funded U.S. Border Patrol to keep our officers and those they protect safe.
3. The deployment of the Arizona National Guard to help secure our south border.
4. A merit-based immigration system focused on the talent and skills America needs to grow.
5. A definitive solution and end to the DACA “drama” that serves no one well.
Listen to Timothy Jeffries' radio message regarding Border Security!
“Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to make something very clear: Blue Lives Matter in America.” -Sheriff David Clarke
A fundamental responsibility of government at all levels is the protection of our citizens, including the defenseless and disadvantaged. As someone whose family has been devastated by the horrific evil of murder, I possess an immense amount of gratitude and respect for our fellow Arizonans and Americans in uniform who put their lives on the line to keep us safe and assist in emergencies.
As a true friend of public safety and crime victims in the Arizona Senate, I will seek to partner with my legislative colleagues to accomplish the following:
1. Introduce truth-in-sentencing legislation that mandates Life Sentences for rapists and pedophiles.
2. Support legislation that will increase funding and flexibility to significantly increase the number of School Resource Officers (SRO) protecting our kids, teachers, support staff and administrators.
3. Ensure the Arizona Departments of Homeland Security, Public Safety and Corrections are properly funded every fiscal year.
4. Oppose any legislation that does not protect our brave Blue Lives and First Responders.
5. Oppose any legislation that infringes on our constitutional 2nd Amendment Right to Bear Arms.
Listen to Timothy Jeffries on Public Safety!
Life and Family
“One of the most important responsibilities in the Christian life is to care about others, smile at them, and be a friend to the friendless.” – Dr. James Dobson
Thousands of my former colleagues at the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) can attest to I have an enormous love for people, especially the poor and the sick. During my 21-month directorship, I visited all 164 DES locations throughout Arizona. I hosted 500+ townhall meetings for my DES folks and personally answered over 12,000 emails from them. One of my daily calls to action at DES was “People First, People Always.” Empowered by our constitutional First Amendment Rights, we transformed Arizona DES with faith, hope and love, including the accountability that should accompany it.
I am unabashedly pro-life from conception to natural death. I will bring my love for all people and my compassion for those in need with me to the Arizona Senate. In line with our State Motto: DITAT DEUS (“God Enriches”), I will endeavor to be a force for good, including good cheer.
As a Roman Catholic, humble Christian, 30+ year husband, father to two daughters, grandfather to two grandchildren, proud Arizonan and patriotic American, I will seek to partner with my legislative colleagues in Arizona to accomplish the following:
1. Ensure the Arizona DES Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) charged with supporting and caring for our approx. 34,000 special developmentally disabled Arizonans is properly funded.
2. Protect the developmentally disabled by banning eugenics.
3. Protect scientifically verified heartbeats by passing a “Heartbeat Bill.”
4. Protect our seniors and seriously infirmed by banning euthanasia.
5. Protect our constitutional First Amendment Rights of Religious Liberty and Free Speech.
6. Advocate prudent, limited government measures to support and strengthen Arizona families.
“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” – Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
It is not enough to pay our teachers and coaches well to teach and develop our children. We must pay them well enough to attract the very best Arizonans and Americans to teach and develop our children. The bright future of state is a function of the strength of our Arizona families and how well we teach and develop our children to think intensively and critically. It is also a function of the values-based education our teachers and coaches provide and the good character they inspire.
As an education-focused legislator in the Arizona Senate, I will seek to partner with my legislative colleagues to accomplish the following:
1. Support prudent, limited government measures that enhance taxpayer freedom, parental choice, learning excellence, education innovation and competition (ex. scrap Common Core).
2. Move more money to Arizona public school classrooms and playfields by reducing state agency employee headcount by 10% by 2020. (Note, the state employee reductions would prudently exclude the Arizona Departments of Homeland Security, Public Safety and Corrections.)
3. Move more money to Arizona public school classrooms and playfields by reducing the number of legacy public school districts via unification by at least 80% no later than 2020.
4. Move more money to Arizona vocational and technical training programs by eliminating every ancient state (IT) information technology system operational before Y2K no later than 2021.
“Government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” – President Ronald Reagan
Small Business encouragement, creation, facilitation and success are paramount to our Arizona economy and the pursuit of the American Dream. Overall, small businesses create 7 out of every 10 jobs in America. In other words, good jobs are typically created one at a time -- not hundreds at a time. Arizona small businesses are the lifeblood of our state economy, community prosperity and strong families.
As a small business protector in the Arizona Senate, I will seek to partner with my legislative colleagues to accomplish the following:
1. Eliminate state regulations that are out-of-date, do more harm than good, and provide ridiculous impediments to economic growth and pursuit of the American Dream.
2. Reduce the number of state-managed regulatory boards and commissions by 50% by 2020.